Purchasing Trading Director Food and Retail
Fast Moving Consumer Goods
Within a Global Corporation , the position reports to Managing Director, Western Europe and be Member of the Board of Directors in Spain.
- To optimize the sales and profitability of a designated product area through Product Price, Promotions and Space Productivity.
- The local Director of Trading will ensure events are planned and managed to deliver against targets, prepare and agree budgets and set and agree business Key Performance Indicators.
- Strong relationships with key suppliers of the FMCG local Market.
- International mindset to work with the new International Business and developing in Spain the Trading Journey making the right corrections to ensure sales and profitability.
- The priorities and the principle criteria by which he/she are measured are:
- Supplier Performance
- Range: Prepare seasonal plans and develop commercial ranges to meet the business requirements
- Sales Performance: Maximize opportunity and manage risk of performance by area through monitoring actual performance versus plan and taking the appropriate remedial action
- Availability: Plan and control availability of stock in line with the business Key Performance Indicators. Plan and control product intake phasing
- Stock: Manage product and store stock cover in line with agreed monthly Key Performance Indicators
- Lead and manage the Team (4-5 people) within the approved budget.
- Both with and by delegation ensure that all aspects of Team performance are properly managed: setting objectives, taking actions to acknowledge good performance and rectify poor performance
- To regularly communicate Business objectives and plans to team so that they fully understand their contribution to these
- Work cross functionally with Buying, Supply Chain, Imports, Retail Operations, Visual Merchandising and Marketing, sharing information and developing effective working relationships, in a local and international way.
- Complete regular Store visits and demonstrate understanding of store operations.
- Maintain full and working knowledge of the product, supply chain, competitor and market to maximize the performance of the category.
- Undertake all additional tasks at the request of the Executive.
- 10 years’ experience like Director of Trading in retail, with probed experience in FMCG environment (PGC1 and/or PGC2).
- Have a degree level qualification
- Knowledge of the market place
- High English level to communicate and establish relationship with the rest of the Business worldwide.
- Thorough understanding of the Supply Chain Process
- Good understanding of Product & logistical issues
- Good understanding of Suppliers and their needs
- Thorough knowledge of in house procedures, legalities and QA process
- Good understanding of whole retail process down to Store level.
- Experience of buying for big brands.
- Thorough understanding of your market place – visit stores on a regular basis
- Good understanding of the Sector and the wider sector (competitors)
- Ability to stay one step ahead of the market
- Understand commodity pricing and knock on effects.
10 years’ experience like Director of Trading in retail, with probed experience in FMCG environment (PGC1 and/or PGC2).
Bienes De Consumo Y Ventas