[Cerrada] Technology Network Senior Engineer
Telecommunications multinational operating in the United States and in several countries of Europe.
It is a supplier of broadband Internet services and video content with more than 20 million customers.
The role will be mainly focused on the Network Low Level Design (LLD) based on the Engineering HLD, perform the Implementation of necessary CRQs and handover documents to relevant teams.
Responsible for designing, installing, and supporting LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems.
Salary dependent on experience
- Bachelor's Degree in IT or other technical studies
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Network performance optimization; LAN/WAN knowledge; network design and implementation;
- Strong knowledge of IP Networks and relevant design CCNP/JNCIS level (CCIE or JNCIE is a plus).
- Strong knowledge of high-end Juniper, Nokia and Cisco platforms (MX/PTX, ASR series and XRS).
- Proven solid experience in high-scale IP networks - BGP, MPLS, QoS, OSPF, ISIS, Multicast etc.
- Good experience with network monitoring, reporting and planning tools.
- Experience with Virtualization, Unix and databases is a plus.
- Understand the business requirements and translate them into technical network solutions (capacity and functionality).
- Support the Project and Engineering teams to template design solutions.
- Produce network design solutions and designs, bills of material, implementation & migration plans and documents taking into account all related network elements.
- Work with local in-country teams to coordinate any build requirements.
- Maintain network integrity ensuring that changes are configured in accordance with the company’s technical standards and guidelines.
- Perform end to end testing of engineered solutions before the implementation takes place.
- Carry out network implementations (night change windows), migrations and handover the new networks to Operations.
- Monitor networks to ensure availability of design features and capacity.
- Support solutions relating to any major incidents in terms of Tier-3 escalations and problem management within the established SLAs.
Senior Design Engineer: Highly specific skillset or technical training; Advanced educational credentials required; Greater prior experience in this role (5+ years)
Engineering Services And Technologies
The contract is for 6 months periods for one year and extendable to two years.