Freelance java developers- on remote
Software development company
They are a software development company operating in the Baltic market for more than 17 years. Founded in 2004 by two young and ambitious Latvian software engineers wanting to do things their way and differently from corporate culture and processes. The same values company was founded on haven’t changed and are lived by every team member. With the long-term loyal customers, their continuously growing business operations, their field of expertise, and committed team, the company has grown to 90 people and annual revenue to 4 million EUR in 2020. Their offices are located in Riga (Latvia) and Vilnius (Lithuania) and their team is free to choose whether to work remotely or from their well-located and modern offices. Their business is based on two segments: insurance and custom solutions.
- We are helping to a International IT Company to recruit FREELANCE JAVA DEVELOPERS ON REMOTE
- It’s full time position, 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week. Laptop provided by the company
- Tech stack: Java, Groovy, GWT-based framework, Web Components, OracleDB, Bitbucket, JIRA, Bamboo, SonarQube, Docker, and Fisheye
- Oracle and Solar databases
- DevOps stack: Docker
- Delivery mechanisms: CI/CD in modern understanding doesn’t exist. Delivery principles are statistic, old-fashioned delivery modules
- Acceptance criteria is made by the team itself
- A maintenance team exists – on weekly basis from each team, One 1person participates for monitoring of this process. Parallel must do.
- The idea to build facelift user interference and separate from GVT and create connectivity with Angular or another tool
- Just recently finished migration from Java 8 to Java 11
- Plans in the future to migrate to a more modern and more modular system with microservices! Away from Google Web toolkit. no front-end. Thinking about Vue.js
- Work on full-cycle development using and advancing their tech stack: 60% new features development, 20% maintenance & bug fixing, 10% client support (only during regular working hours), and 10% meetings
- Produce high-quality code by following clean code principles
- Communicate, collaborate and share ideas with the teammates
- Participate in analyzing client needs, propose and design solutions
- Participate in peer code review and R&D sessions
- Teams don’t have a management structure or leadership. There are no roles such as Team Lead or Technical Lead, etc.
- No KPI or performance management, no control
- IT stack: Java, Groovy, GWT-based framework, Web Components, OracleDB, Bitbucket, JIRA, Bamboo, SonarQube, Docker, and Fisheye. Java 11, Groovy, more on back-end (80%+) business logic
- Testing, Unit tests + internal framework for integration tests( mock tests ,etc.). There are GUI tests as well, + QA specialists are working on basic functionality testing
- WEB service tests and automatization tests (web service requests and verification of responses)
- There is no dedicated QA team. GUI tests are done by Selenium
- TDD. Bamboo automatic built and weekly and nightly built status monitoring and test them
- The methodology by which work is organized (Agile, Scrum, KANBAN, Waterfall)
- Scram/Kanban (pool principles)
- Clean code principles
- Expected working hours: 9:00-18:00 +/-1h
The fees would be 5.000 – 6.000 euros gross per month, 60.000 – 72.000 euros per year.
- 4+ years (Middle/Senior)
- Strong knowledge of Java
- You are familiar with our tech stack or willing to learn it. You can write clean code and maintain a clean architecture. You prefer to work in Agile development and a self-organizing team environment
- You speak fluent English
- MUST HAVE Java 8/11,Code version control system – GIT/ Gradle/Maven Relation data bases – SQL/Oracle, Groovy scripting, Rest technologies
- European Union Citizenship or Work Permission.
Engineering Services And Technologies